Welcome to PedalTripr!
You may use our Website and the services we provide, and engage with the content we create and publish. Your use of our Website is made up of the following aspects:
- Find a tour. We provide a unique cycling tour finder which will instantly connect you with tour operators all over the world.
- Browse cycling destinations. Read through our suggestions and reviews to see where your next trip could take you.
- Learn about cycling events. Our collection of exciting events will broaden your horizons.
- Read our Journal. We strive to bring fresh and informative stories from the cycling world directly to you.
Using our Website
We want to create a safe and friendly environment for all users. In order to do that, we need to implement certain rules and restrictions. Make sure you read these carefully and understand what you can and can’t do.
- Who can use our Website. You must be at least 18 years old to use our Website. By using our Website and agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you represent to us that you are at least 18 years of age.
- How you can use our Website. You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our Website, or in relation to our Website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading. You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities. You must not:
- use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
- use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website; or
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing).
- What you can do with the material on our website. You may only use the Website for your own personal purposes and not for any commercial benefit. You must not download any material from our Website or save any such material to your device. You must not edit or otherwise modify any material on the Website. Unless you own or control the relevant rights, you must not republish material from our Website; show any material from our Website to the public; exploit material from our Website for a commercial purpose; sell, rent or sub-licence material from our Website; or redistribute material from our Website. Notwithstanding these restrictions, you may redistribute our email newsletter in print and electronic form to any person.
- Restricting access. We reserve the right to restrict your access to areas of our Website, or the whole website, at our discretion. You must not circumvent or bypass any access restriction measures.
- Permission for different use. If you wish to deviate from these Terms and Conditions, you must obtain the owner’s consent in writing.
You may create an account on our Website.
- Registration. To be eligible for an individual account on our website under this section, you must be at least 18 years of age and resident in the United Kingdom. You may register for an account with our Website by completing and submitting the account registration form on our Website, and clicking on the verification link in the email that we will send to you.
- Used ID and password. If you register for an account with our website, you will be asked to choose a user ID and password. Your user ID must not be liable to mislead and must comply with the content rules set out in these Terms and Conditions. You must not use your account or user ID for or in connection with the impersonation of any person. You must keep your password confidential. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any disclosure of your password. You are responsible for any activity on our Website arising out of any failure to keep your password confidential, and may be held liable for any losses arising out of such a failure.
- Unauthorised use. You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account. You must not use any other person’s account to access the website, unless you have that person’s express permission to do so.
- Cancellation and suspension of your account. We may suspend your account, cancel your account, and/or edit your account details, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation. You may cancel your account on our Website using your account control panel on the Website.
We are dedicated to creating an exciting cycling community. You can create your profile and connect with other users. Registered users will have access to additional features on our Website, including creating a personal profile, creating and managing groups, private messaging and the ability to publish content. While we strive to create a safe and inclusive environment, we cannot be held liable for the content published by users.
- Meaning. In these Terms and Conditions, “your content” means all works and materials (including without limitation text, graphics, images, audio material, video material, audio-visual material, scripts, software and files) that you submit to us or our Website for storage or publication on, processing by, or transmission via, our Website.
- Licence and rights to your content. You grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, store, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your content in any existing or future media / reproduce, store and publish your content on and in relation to this Website and any successor Website / reproduce, store and, with your specific consent, publish your content on and in relation to this Website. You grant us the right to sub-license and bring an action for infringement in respect of the rights licensed to us. You hereby waive all your moral rights in your content to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Restrictions on your content. Your content must be appropriate, civil and tasteful, and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet. Your content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law). Your content, and the use of your content by us in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, must not: be libellous or maliciously false; be obscene or indecent; infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or other intellectual property right; infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation; constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement; constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity; be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order; be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation; be blasphemous; be in breach of official secrets legislation; be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person; depict violence, in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner; be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit; be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading; consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage; constitute spam; be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person. You must not use our Website to link to any website or web page consisting of or containing material that would, were it posted on our website, breach the provisions of these terms and conditions. You must not submit to our Website any material that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
From time to time, we may run competitions, free prize draws and/or other promotions on our Website. Competitions will be subject to separate Terms and Conditions (which we will make available to you as appropriate).
You may access our RSS feed, if available, using an RSS reader or aggregator. By accessing our RSS feed, you accept these Terms and Conditions. Subject to your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub-licensable licence to display content from our RSS feed in unmodified form on any non-commercial website owned and operated by you, providing that you must not aggregate our RSS feed with any other feed when displaying it in accordance with this section. It is a condition of this licence that you include a credit for us and hyperlink to our Website on each web page where the RSS feed is published (in such form as we may specify from time to time, or if we do not specify any particular form, in a reasonable form). We may revoke any licence set out in this section at any time, with or without notice or explanation.
Copyright and intellectual property
We, together with our licensors, own and control all the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our Website and in the material on our Website. All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our Website and the material on our Website are reserved.
Our logos and our other registered and unregistered trademarks are trademarks belonging to us; we give no permission for the use of these trade marks, and such use may constitute an infringement of our rights. The third party registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks on our Website are the property of their respective owners and we do not endorse and are not affiliated with any of the holders of any such rights and as such we cannot grant any licence to exercise such rights.
- Advertiser links. Our Website includes links to third party travel operators (referred to as “Operators”) supplying goods and/or travel related services. We may earn advertising fees from an Operator if you click on that advertisers link on our Website and/or subsequently make a purchase on the Operator’s website. We make every attempt to vet our Operators and endeavour to only advertise honourable and trustworthy companies, however, we do not check, audit, monitor or control: the identity, credit worthiness, or bona fides of third party Operators; the security of third party websites; or the accuracy of the information published on third party websites; we are not party to any contract for the sale or purchase of goods or services entered into between you and an Operator; and our Website contains information supplied by third party operators, and we do not check, audit or monitor the accuracy of that information, and accordingly we will not be liable to you in relation to any loss or damage arising out of any use of a third party Operator website, any information supplied by a third party Operator, any offer made by a third party Operator, or any contract with a third party Operator.
- Your agreement with Operators. We are not responsible for the enforcement of any obligations arising out of a contract between you and any third party, and we will have no obligation to mediate between the parties to any such contract.
- Other third party websites. Our Website includes hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties; such hyperlinks are not recommendations. We have no control over third party websites and their contents, and we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
If you learn of any unlawful material or activity on our Website, or any material or activity that breaches these terms and conditions, please let us know. You can let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using our abuse reporting form.
We do not warrant or represent the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our Website; that the material on the Website is up to date; or that the Website or any service on the website will remain available.
We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our Website services, and to stop publishing our Website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any Website services, or if we stop publishing the Website.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions, our Website and the use of our Website.
Limitations and exclusions of liability
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions will limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence; limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section and elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions govern all liabilities arising under these Terms and Conditions or relating to the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty.
To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control. We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill. We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software. We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the Website or these Terms and Conditions (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
You hereby indemnify us, and undertake to keep us indemnified, against any and all losses, damages, costs, liabilities and expenses (including without limitation legal expenses and any amounts paid by us to a third party in settlement of a claim or dispute) incurred or suffered by us and arising directly or indirectly out of any breach by you of any provision of these Terms and Conditions and/or your use of our Website.
Breaches of these terms and conditions
Without prejudice to our other rights under these Terms and Conditions, if you breach these Terms and Conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may: send you one or more formal warnings; temporarily suspend your access to our Website; permanently prohibit you from accessing our Website; block computers using your IP address from accessing our Website; contact any or all your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our Website; commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise; and/or suspend or delete your account on our Website.
Updating these Terms and Conditions
We may revise these Terms and Conditions from time to time. We will give you written notice of any revision of these Terms and Conditions, and the revised Terms and Conditions will apply to the use of our Website from the date that we give you such notice. If you do not agree to the revised terms and conditions, you must stop using our Website.
You hereby agree that we may assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
You may not without our prior written consent assign, transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
Third party rights
A contract under these Terms and Conditions is for our benefit and your benefit only, and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
These Terms and Conditions, together with our Privacy and Policy, constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of our Website and shall supersede all previous agreements between you and us in relation to your use of our Website.
Law and jurisdiction
A contract under these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any disputes arising out of or relating to a contract under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
This Website is owned and operated by VeloSocial Limited, a private limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 0936590.
You can contact us by using our website contact form, or by email to email@example.com